It is quite simple to do, actually, but takes a punch of color. Also, this one is easier because the colors showed up more than the previous one, where I mostly used matte colors. These ones are more metallic, and I went to mix my own lip color too! It was not the first time for me, but this is, admittedly, my first FOTD with a purple lips!
Let us get on with it, shall we?
Step 1: Apply a metallic green to the inner half of the eyelid. If you need it to be more vibrant, wet your brush a tiny bit with contact lens solution or plain water.
Step 2: Fill in the rest of the eyelid with a metallic sky blue. Make sure that the colors blend well.
Step 3: Place a metallic purple right at the outer corners of the eye and wing it out. If you want a cleaner line, you can use a cellophane tape applied to the corner of the eyes as a guide line.
We’ll come back to the eyes in a moment!
Step 4: Now, it’s time for the lips. Conceal the original color of the lips with foundation or concealer. I went for concealer to give my lips a whiter base so that the colors that I used stood out more.
Step 5: I used the same purple pigment on the eyes for the outer edges of the lips, followed by a purple-pink one at the center for some extra dimension.
Step 6: Line the lower waterline with a blue eyeliner pencil and smudge some of the blue used on the eyelid on the lower lashline. At the inner corners of the eye, apply a shimmering white eyeshadow to open the eyes more.
Step 7: Line the upper lashline with liquid liner, following the shape of the winged-out purple and add in some falsies
Step 8: Contour the cheeks and you’re done! ^.^
Well, that’s that for today’s FOTD! I hope that you enjoyed it! Do tell me what you think alright?
Pssst: This blog’s been rather quiet lately, and I do hope that you lovelies would come out of your little shells and drop a line when you can!
- Shiro Cosmetics Bulbasaur (Bright metallic green) (Inner 1/2 of eyelid)
- Shiro Cosmetics Squirtle (Metallic sky blue) (Outer 1/2 of eyelid, lower lashline)
- MAC Violet Pigment (Metallic violet) (Outer coner of eyelid, winged out)
- Tarte The Jewelry Box Eyeshadow No. 4 (White) (Inner corner of lower lashline)
- MAC Espresso Eyeshadow (Brows)
- In2It Liquid Eyeliner
- Generic False Lashes
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer NC 25
- MAC Violet Pigment (Metallic Violet) (Outer edges of lips)
- MAC Pink Pearl Pigment (Metallic pink-purple) (Center of lips)
- MAC Refined Golden Bronzing Powder